Vacancy: Part time Knowledge Transfer Adviser – Northern Ireland
Posted on 03/01/2018
The job purpose is to facilitate knowledge transfer and innovation linkages between UK business and the UK research base (Universities, RTOs and national facilities), especially via promotion, brokerage, mentoring and support of Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs). The role is an important component of the Innovate UK family’s strategic relationships with the UK research base.
Reporting to: The role is within KTN’s Directorate of Innovation Effectiveness as part of a team of 20 advisers spread across the country, and reports to a Senior Knowledge Transfer Adviser.
Grade: Knowledge Transfer Advisor, part time role of 3 days per week. (0.6FTE) £27,000 – £33,000pa (depending on experience)
Assisting UK businesses to innovate, grow and profit from effective transfer of knowledge from the research base into business – covering all technologies and industries.
All KTAs have both a local role and a national role, acting as a knowledgeable conduit between the Innovate UK family, the local research base and innovation ecosystem and the national equivalents. A significant part of the role will be the facilitation; brokerage, mentoring and support of Knowledge Transfer Partnerships funded by Innovate UK and other KTP sponsors.
The role will suit an individual who knows how businesses work, and enjoys helping them to work better. This will mean working with many different organisations at a senior level and so a passion for effective translation of science and technology into new and improved products, processes and services in business is vital.
Location: This position will provide support for the Northern Ireland area. Based from home or one of the KTN office in London or Edinburgh. There will be significant local travel, and occasional travel to elsewhere in the UK.
- Providing a key liaison into innovation activities of the research base (especially HEIs, RTOs and National Facilities) for the Innovate UK family.
- Providing brokerage, facilitation, mentoring and support for KTP Partnerships by membership of their steering committees and encouraging best practice in Open Innovation and Collaborative Working.
- Maintaining a portfolio of active KTP projects at target levels and monitoring these, influencing partners towards a positive outcome.
- As appropriate, promoting KTP to businesses supported in other ways (e.g. Collaborative R&D grant holders).
- Increasing the level of joined up intelligence on the innovation landscape enabling more targeted support of high-growth-potential innovative businesses – especially ensuring University spinouts and start-ups are properly connected.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by Monday 8th January 2018.