About the the funding:
The Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF) is a £1.5 billion fund to support cutting-edge research which addresses the problems faced by developing countries. GCRF forms part of the UK’s Official Development Assistance (ODA) commitment.
In 2019, Innovate UK secured GCRF funding to extend activities that had been initiated through the Agri-Tech Catalyst, funded by the Department for International Development (DFID).
KTN has been grant funded to provide dissemination and coordination support to Innovate UK for the GCRF AgriFood Africa Programme until 2024.
About the programme:
The GCRF AgriFood Africa Programme aims to realise sustainable management of the food production systems in Africa in a way that alleviates poverty, enhances economic prosperity and delivers improved wellbeing. Target long term outcomes of the programme include:
- Developing sustainable intensification of African agriculture
- Improving human health and diversity of diets and nutrition
- Impacting positively on rural income and food security
- Facilitating increased trade activity in agricultural products
This UK-Africa AgriFood Programme is being delivered through three core activities, led by Innovate UK in partnership with UKRI and DFID:
1) Technology Accelerator Programme
2) Skills Training Programme
3) Dissemination and Coordination Activities
Sign up to become a member of the GCRF Agrifood Africa Network.
Coming soon! Calls for PhD studentships and innovation awards are now closed – results will be announced when ready.