Follow us on Twitter @KTN_Global #KTNInternational
What are Global Expert Missions?
Innovate UK’s Global Expert Missions programme is one of its most important tools to support the UK’s Industrial Strategy’s ambition for the UK to be the international partner of choice for science and innovation.
Global collaborations are crucial in meeting the Industrial Strategy’s Grand Challenges and will be further supported by the launch of a new International Research and Innovation Strategy.
Innovate UK’s Global Expert Missions, led by KTN, play an important role in building strategic partnerships, providing deep insight into the opportunities for UK innovation and shaping future bilateral collaboration programmes.
The Expert Missions spearheads the UK’s innovation engagement with key economies including Canada, USA, Israel, India, China, South Korea and Japan, Australia.
Have you read our latest Global Expert Mission Reports?
Reports summarising the information and insights gathered during the Missions are now available. Click on the links below to download and read the reports:
Offshore Wind in China 2018 (pdf 3mb) | Webinar recording and slides
Healthy Ageing in China 2019 (pdf 845kb) | Webinar recording and slides
Precision Medicine and Vaccines in China 2018 (pdf 4mb)
Cybersecurity in Singapore 2019
ICT in South Korea 2018 (pdf 354kb)
Advanced Materials in South Korea 2018 (pdf 276kb)
South Korea and Japan Digital Health and Medtech 2019 (pdf 222kb)
Floating Offshore Wind in Japan and South Korea 2019 (pdf 995kb) | Webinar recording and slides
Smart Cities in South Korea 2019
Digital Health in Texas 2018 (pdf 221kb)
USA Offshore Wind 2018 (pdf 569kb) | Webinar recording and slides
USA Composites 2018 (pdf 5mb)
USA Robotics & AI in Extreme Environments 2019 (pdf 238kb)
USA Sustainable Innovation in Fashion 2020 (pdf 14.5mb)
Cybersecurity in USA 2019
2019 USA Quantum Technologies Global Expert Mission Report | Webinar recording and slides
KTN’s international team provides sector-focussed, thematic support to businesses and delivers programmes to accelerate global exploitation of UK innovation for economic growth and social development needs.
KTN’s international team provide sector-focussed support to businesses to:
- understand and access international funding
- understand the global innovation landscape and take advantage of opportunities for business growth
- connect to other businesses and research organisations to build national and international research and innovation partnerships
- accelerate the development and exploitation of innovative ideas to commercialisation
- signpost other helpful sources of business support, including the Department for International Trade (DIT), Local Enterprise Partnerships, Growth Hubs, as well as the programmes and organisations mentioned on this page
- KTN plays a key role in the delivery of Global Expert Missions (linked above).