The UK Government established the Synthetic Biology Leadership Council (SBLC) to provide a steering structure governance body to assess progress and update recommendations and shape priorities for future implementation of the synthetic biology roadmap for the UK.
The SBLC has since published the
UK Synthetic Biology Strategic Plan 2016 – Biodesign for the Bioeconomy.
The SBLC provides a visible point for strategic coordination between the funding agencies, the research community, industry, government sponsors and other stakeholders, including societal and ethical representatives.
Secretariat of the SBLC is provided through Innovate UK by the Synthetic Biology Special Interest Group.
Who are the Synthetic Biology Leadership Council?
The Synthetic Biology Leadership Council (SBLC) is jointly chaired by Lord Henley (Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy and member of the House of Lords) and Prof Lionel Clarke.
Members of the SBLC include:
- Professor Janet Bainbridge (Department for International Trade)
- Gordon Ford (Innovate UK)
- Dr Yvonne Armitage (KTN)
- Alastair Kent (Genetic Alliance UK)
- Dr David Tew (GlaxoSmithKline)
- Dr Rowan McKibbin (BBSRC)
- Professor Richard Kitney (Imperial College)
- Professor Dale Sanders (John Innes Centre)
- Professor Joyce Tait (Innogen, University of Edinburgh)
- Dr Tim Fell (Synthace Ltd and BioIndustry Association)
- Professor Tim Dafforn (Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy and University of Birmingham)
- Prof Petra Oyston (Dstl)
- Jason Vincent (Syngenta)
- Dr Amanda Collis (BBSRC)
- Dr Louise Ball (Defra)
- Dr Jo Bray (Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy)
- Jonathan Hoare (Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy)
- Paul Henderson (Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy)
Secretariat: Dana Heldt (Knowledge Transfer Network)
Sponsors and Partners
Downloads & documents: