Healthy Ageing in China Global Expert Mission Dissemination Webinar: recording and slides now available
Posted on 19/05/2020
The webinar presented the findings of the output report and gave delegates the opportunity to talk directly with representatives who went on the Mission in a Q&A Session. KTN hosted this event on behalf of Innovate UK and was presented by Sandeep Sandhu, KTN, Hazel Harper, Innovate UK, Paul Burstow, Social Care Institute for Excellence/TEC Services Association, Tao Fu, Cera, Christine Ashbury, WCS Care, Tim Barclay, Appello, Mel Collins, UK Research and Innovation, Chris Born, Department for International Trade, and David Calder, KTN.
A big thank you to the Speakers and Organisers and of course everyone who attended!
To help UK businesses become truly global enterprises through strategic collaboration, Innovate UK launched its Global Expert Missions in October 2017. Delivered by KTN, the missions provide an expert-led evidence base to strengthen Innovate UK’s global investment strategy: how and where it should invest to create UK business opportunities in partnerships with key economies.
Each mission has representatives from UK business, policy and research community, who:
1. Gather market insights and build expert foresights on new and emerging innovation sectors
2. Identify opportunities for international collaboration
3. Build a portfolio of technological and business priorities that will elevate the UK as the ‘Partner of Choice’ in future innovation partnerships with global partners
4. Facilitate international dialogues for the UK business community
5. Align innovation policy and unlock regulatory barriers for future partnerships
In March 2019, an Expert Mission travelled to Beijing and Shanghai to inform the UK’s international strategy for Healthy Ageing by exploring the Chinese healthy ageing landscape and examining opportunities to collaborate with Chinese organisations. Meetings were held with several health and social care providers (Taikang Healthcare, YueCheng Group, Fushoukang) companies (iZhaohu), academic institutions (Tsinghua University, Centre for Gerontology), and government agencies (Shanghai civil Affairs Bureau, National Research Centre for Rehabilitation Technical Aids).
Webinar recording and slides are now available:
Find the slides here.